Re: CT4810 Sound Card

Landy Bible wrote:

> Hello, I'm trying to get a Creative Labs CT4810 sound card to work.
> I'm a windows user most of the time, and don't have a clue what do to.
> I'm running Sarge, with kde installed.

Add yourself to the audio group:
# adduser landy audio

This may be all that's needed, especially if you have "discover"
installed, which I believe would be the default on Sarge. If not, you
may need to make sure the appropriate module (driver) is installed for
your card:

# lspci (to see what chipset your soundcard uses (looks like it'll be
something like CT4810)

Then use "modconf" to install the appropriate module for that chipset.

--
Kent