Re: mount: unknown filesystem type 'nfs'

When I try to mount an NFS filesystem, I get this error:

mount: unknown filesystem type 'nfs'

Here's the mount command I'm using on host2:

mount host1.domain.com:/tmp /mnt

On host1.domain.com, I have this in /etc/exports:

/tmp host2.domain.com(ro,sync)

Also, to make sure that you have all the software pieces together, run

apt-get install nfs-common # on the client
and
apt-get install nfs-kernel-server nfs-common # on the server

nfs-common is sometimes missing on the client and strange results occur.

Everything is in place. Here's what I get (host1 is server, host2 is client):

host1:~# apt-get install nfs-kernel-server nfs-common
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
nfs-kernel-server is already the newest version.
nfs-common is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

host2:~# apt-get install nfs-common