Re: problem updating menus in fluxbox

On Monday 23 May 2005 09:49, Ric Otte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that fluxbox (.9.12-1) doesn't seem to update its menus (or
> I am doing something wrong).  I have added some menus to /etc/menu and
> ran update-menus.  The new menus show up on other windowmanagers, but
> don't under fluxbox.
>
> They don't seem to be listed properly in either
> /etc/X11/fluxbox/fluxbox-menu or in my .fluxbox/menu file.  I tried
> running update-menus while not running fluxbox, but that didn't make
> any difference.
>
> Any suggestions?  Thanks,
> Ric

Ric..
Please man fluxbox because it gives you TONS of good documentation on fluxbox
init file, menu file, apps file and style files..

This  File: -> $HOME/.fluxbox/init  <- has all your flux settings for your
menu, style, groups, etc.. etc...

this session.styleFile: ~/.fluxbox/styles/Ant-Crazylikeafox
session.groupFile: ~/.fluxbox/MYfbgroups
session.slitlistFile: ~/.fluxbox/MYSlitList
session.keyFile: ~/.fluxbox/MYkeys
session.menuFile: ~/.fluxbox/MYmenufile

The menu pointed to by YOUR init should be the one you edit.

cheers..
mike..