Re: Sarge Performance

* Lars Roland:

> I just replaced my company anti-virus/anti-spam mail gateway from a
> Redhat 7.3 with kernel 2.4.24 to Debian Sarge with kernel 2.6.8.1. I
> had hoped that this transition would lead to better performance (new
> perl, better drivers in the kernel and so on) but the performance has
> instead drooped about 30%.

Very intereseting read, Lars. I am afraid I cannot help you very much,
but your post reminded me of discussions on debian-devel about the
horrible performane of spamassassin v3. It begins with the subject
"possible mass bug filing: spamassassin 3". Maybe you retry your
measurements and make sure it's not spamassassin. Have a look at memory
consumption as well.

J.
--
I spend money without thinking on products and clothes that I believe
will enhance my social standing.