Re: Getting a Dinamic Remote IP

Hi there,

I installed ddclient using apt-get but there is a error message when I
run #ddclient -debug:

myhostname:/# ddclient -debug

DEBUG:    get_ip: using if, eth0 reports 201.6.77.173
WARNING:  null password specified for host myhostname.homelinux.net.
yoda:/home/rssousa# ddclient -debug
DEBUG:    get_ip: using if, eth0 reports 201.6.77.173
WARNING:  null password specified for host myhostname.homelinux.net.
DEBUG:
DEBUG:     nic_dyndns2_update -------------------
FAILED:   updating d4: authorization failed (HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required
FAILED:    Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 11:39:49 GMT
FAILED:    Server: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_perl/1.29
FAILED:    WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="DynDNS Members NIC"
FAILED:    Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
FAILED:    Connection: close
FAILED:
FAILED:    badauth)

I tried to edit /etc/ddclient.conf at hand but still the errors
persist. I tried to run dpkg-reconfigure for default configurations
take over my previously and it didn't work.
I checked all the information a lot of times including password
throughout the file /etc/ddclient:

myhostname:/# cat /etc/ddclient.conf
# Configuration file for ddclient generated by debconf
#
# /etc/ddclient.conf

pid=/var/run/ddclient.pid
protocol=dyndns2
use=if, if=eth0
custom=yes
server=members.dyndns.org
login=mylogin
password=******
myhostname.homelinux.net

It might be correct. Moreover, I restart the service throghout the
/etc/init.d/ddclient restart but unfortunatelly I can connect to
dyndns.
Could somebody help me telling me if I missed to configure anything?

Thank you,

Romulo Sousa