Re: Cups configuration..

On (19/05/05 21:28), Ishwar Rattan wrote:

> On Thu, 19 May 2005, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
>
> > Ishwar Rattan wrote:
> > > Is there a tool (not KDE based) to configure
> > > local and remote printers on a box running cupsys?
> >
> > The GNOME frontend, gnome-cups-manager.
> >

> Well it is plain text based machine, no
> desktops (KDE/Gnome/Others) :-(
>
> -ishwar

Use a text based browser, 'lynx' works pretty well:

$ lynx localhost:631

Add yourself to lpadmin group to avoid having to be root to
manage the printer(s)

For remote printers I usually ssh and run lynx on the remote machine.
If you want to manage all the printers from one machine you will need to
allow it within each /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...