Re: getting bad preempt magic errors when loading modules after recompile with gcc-3.4

Arias Hung wrote:
After a recent recompile using gcc-3.4 (up from 3.3), I'm getting these
bad preempt errors:

kernel: dm_mod: version magic '2.6.11-cko5 preempt K7 gcc-3.4' should be
'2.6.11-cko5 preempt K7 gcc-3.3'
May 19 14:38:17 kernel: scsi_mod: version magic '2.6.11-cko5 preempt K7
gcc-3.4' should be '2.6.11-cko5 preempt K7 gcc-3.3'

when it tries to load the modules after reboot.  It's looking for the
old modules and will load if I move the old /lib/modules/<kernel>
library back.  The kernel works fine, but for whatever reason it's
looking for module versions from the prior kernel.

It seems you have a conflict between the gcc version of your kernel and the gcc version of your module ! I know that this situation is quite unstable, I personaly got several problems, until I recompile everything with gcc-3.4...