Re: substitute for ping

On May 19 2005, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Seems like the best solution would be to find an ISP that gets the job
> done...

Unfortunately, this is not always an option, depending on where you live.
:-( Yes, it sucks, but the big corporations "stealthly" rule the life of
some of us. :-(

I have problems like these both in my work environment *and* with my
connection at home. :-(

Really counter-productive to not be able to SSH to my machine at home,
especially as I am a lecturer at a local university and I usually want to
put some assignment for my students while I have a small break between
classes. :-(

Frustrated yours, Rogério. :-(

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/