How install GRUB into partition after Debian install?

I do not want to install GRUB into the MBR.  When I installed
Debian, GRUB would not install into any of the alternate
locations. I have Debian installed without the GRUB boot manager.

How do I get GRUB to install into a location other than the
Master boot record so that I can boot Debian? I am using
Partition Magic & BootMagic from WindowsXP to manage my
partitions.  Should I create another partition
for GRUB?  But then how do I boot over to Debian?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ted