Re: problem while installing vmware 5.0 on debian

Le mercredi 18 mai 2005 à 19:05 -0400, Jason Wang a écrit :
> mmm.. now i have another problem.. I've tried to install with the all
> distro version, it wouldn't work.. but, i tried alien version
> (converting rpm to deb),

You're asking for trouble. Why bother with the rpm package ?

>  it installed.. but then, the vmware-config.pl
> doesn't work still.. so i tried uninstall the alien version.. then
> tries to install with all distro version again.. sadly, it just gave
> me an error:
> A previous installation of VMware software has been detected.

sure

now, try to

apt-cache search vmware

and

apt-get remove `the correct entry`

then proceed to install vmware from the tarball, and maybe without
applying any patch before

the system manager.

www.clearswift.com