Re: Getting a Dinamic Remote IP

Sven Arvidsson wrote:

Romulo Sousa wrote:
I would like to get an remote IP. It's about my girlfriend's computer
where I share some directories and install some packages. The problem
is that all the time I need to connect via ssh into her computer I
must call her asking for its IP provided by her ISP throughout
ifconfig output.
What can I do in order to get the IP from her computer all the time
the machine is booted? Is it possible to send a message by email, SMS
or whatever way to do that? Further, her computer is connected by a
ADSL (dinamic) and my computer uses cable modem (dinamic also).

The best way to solve the problem is that she have a dynamic dns. There are
many websites supply free dynamic dns. You can find and register one. And
then install the client application on the computer in order to refresh the
ip address when she dial up. So you just only keep the domain in mind.