Re: Network Setup Help

the drivers are not loaded.

you can install the discover program to help or you
can load all network drivers and see which ones are in
use after you modprobe them all

1) cd /lib/modules/<kernel_version>/kernel/drivers/net
2) for module in `ls *.o`; do modprobe "`echo $module| sed -e
's/\.o//'`"; done
3) lsmod (look for ones that are in use (a non-zero value)
4) manually add the modprobe lines that are needed at the
   top of the /etc/init.d/networking startup script

this has happened to me before as well.

there may be other ways, but this will help you find out
which drivers you need (blindly).

hardware probing scripts like discover or kudzu help as
well, but will be hard to install them without network device
to grab them from a debian repository ;)

good luck,
chris