Re: "Kernel Panic" upgrading from 2.4.27 to 2.6.8

Aitor,

I have run into this very issue.  Unfortunately I did not have the
time to isolate the actual cause.  I have a feeling it has to do with
the make oldconfig though because when I compiled a kernel with a
config from the make oldconfig, I would get this.  Although it's a
pain, remove the .config file and do a make menuconfig and re-enter
your settings.  That's what I did to fix it.  and if you have time run
a diff on the new .config with one that came from the make oldconfig.
That was a little tedious for me.

--
Paul

Email - paultsai@gmail.com

"Look straight in the mirror, watch it come clearer
I look like a painter, behind all the grease
But paintings creating, and I'm just erasing.
crystal-clear canvas is my masterpiece"
Barenaked Ladies "When I fall"