Packages on Debian Site

I had a quick question about the packages hosted on the Debian site. When you are viewing the packages for a program, the Debian site lists related packages. For example, the package page for Inkscape:

http://packages.debian.org/testing/graphics/inkscape

Lists several packages under the section "Other Packages Related To Inkscape". These related packages are organized into 3 catagories. (1) Depends, (2) Recommends, and (3) Suggests.

When you click on the download link for your architecture under the "Download Inkscape" Section, are you only downloading the core package for Inkscape? Does this include any of the packages listed in the "Other Packages Related To Inkscape" section? Or would you also need to download those dependant packages seperately?

Is there a way to see what packages I already have installed on my Devian System?

Thanks,

The Sunburned Surveyor