Re: CVS: No such repository

Quoting Andrew Berry <Andrew.Berry@dolmail.com>:

Hi,

I have a Debian server running Sarge running MySQL and CVS mainly. All was working correctly until an upgrade this morning.

Now when I try and log into CVS I get an error saying "no such repository" - this is when I try and login locally or remotely. I've checked again the permissions on the repository and they look OK, and the groups/owners are correct as well. Also in the syslog I get the following error:- cvs-pserver[709]: connect from 10.142.5.15 (10.142.5.15) and then "cvs: login refused for /data/cvs_home/repository_root".

You might want to check and see if you have pserver connections allowed
in /etc/hosts.allow.  Other than that, I am not sure.  Check if the
filesystem, the CVSROOT is on has any corruption.

Sorry if this is either a) a really simple thing to solve but it's causing me major problems as I have a numbers of users who cannot check code out at the moment or b) the wrong list to post this too, if so can someone please point me in the correct direction.

No sweat.  A more complete snippet of your log might be revealing.

CVS version is  1.12.9 (client/server).

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

Andrew Berry
IT Systems Administrator
Document Outsourcing Limited

Roberto

P.S.  This disclaimer below is completely nonsensical in the context of a
public mailing list that is archived on servers the world over.  It is also
likely not legally enforcable anywhere in the world and makes your organization
look like it is run by people who fail to realize that.

--
This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.

Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure.

Document Outsourcing Ltd (formerly Stortext UK Ltd) does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data.

No responsibility is accepted by Document Outsourcing Ltd in this regard and the recipient should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr