Re: Configuring X on Intel 82845 gl board

shatam bhattacharya wrote:

> On Sun, 15 May 2005 Kent West wrote :
> >shatam bhattacharya wrote:

> > > As advised by you I am currently downloading sarge ISO images.
> > >
> >If you're on a network, don't bother with downloading the ISO images.
> I am on the network through a DSL connection through ethernet card.
> When I try apt-get update, it just hangs as ---
> [0%] connecting to ftp.us.debian.org(1.0.0.0)
> Most probably I haven't got the right configuration. Earlier I had a
> proxy server(squid), hence I set the http_proxy environment variable,
> but its not the case now. How do I configure a DSL Connection for apt.
> Please note that the network is working as I can surf on the net and
> ping sites from the console. Right now I am on XP as the X output is
> terrible to say the least!!!

You can "surf on the net and ping sites from the console" in Debian or
in XP? That information's not quite clear from your paragraph.

What's the result of "ping ftp.us.debian.org"?

What does your "/etc/apt/sources.list" file look like?

What's the output of "ifconfig"?

--
Kent