Re: Upgrade to XFCE 4.2 now?

Matthias Kaeppler wrote:
> Yes, I know os-cillation has them, but I usually don't like adding repos
> which have packages which override the default ones (I fear apt being
> broken by that).
>
> Is there any means for telling apt that it should ignore the XFCE
> packages in the official repo and just use the ones from os-works?
> I don't want to break the deps.

I took a look at their repository and it is an automatic repository.
That means that they have their packages properly categorized by
architecture, distribution, and so on.  All you need to do is add
the their repository to your sources.list and then pin the packages
where you want them.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez