Re: Upgrade to XFCE 4.2 now?

Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
On Sun, 15 May 2005 the mental interface of
Matthias Kaeppler told:

Hi,

I guess XFCE 4.2 will not make it into Debian testing until Sarge goes stable?

If that is the case, how long do you think it will /roughly/ take until this will happen? A rough approximation would be enough, so I can decide whether it is worth to take the additional trouble and install from an unofficial repo.

# Xfce from os-cillation
deb http://www.os-works.com/debian testing main
deb-src http://www.os-works.com/debian testing main

Elimar

Yes, I know os-cillation has them, but I usually don't like adding repos which have packages which override the default ones (I fear apt being broken by that).

Is there any means for telling apt that it should ignore the XFCE packages in the official repo and just use the ones from os-works?
I don't want to break the deps.

--
Matthias Kaeppler