Re: What BackUPS?

Bill Day wrote:
Well we had some rain and lightning and thunder and winds yesterday and i was asleep in my chair... lost all of my uptime becuase my old BackUPS was dead.

In many UPS's it is possible to install a new battery instead of a completely new UPS.

Finally the question, what BackUPS do you use that Debian interacts with. The last one I had had no interaction with anything, it just beeped until it ran out of juice.

At work we use Network UPS Tools; the Debian package is called nut. I tried apcupsd before that; it worked too, but nut is better suited for handling more than one UPS. We have three of them, so in our case nut was the better choice.

Roel Schroeven