Re: Internet (Once and for all)

"David R. Litwin" <presently42@gmail.com> writes:

> When I use the script /usr/local/bin/start-pppoe (one of the scripts
> that is part of the software), it says no sir; eth0 still
> broadcasting.

I'm assuming the error message that appears on your screen is *not*:

        no sir; eth0 still broadcasting

so what is the exact message you are seeing?

> There is also a mysterious inet6 under both the lo (local loopback)
> and the eth0. How do I get rid of this?

This should be harmless, but on the off chance that it's causing
problems, you can use:

        ifconfig eth0 del xxx/nn

with "xxx/nn" replaced with whatever's listed as the inet6 address for
that interface.

--
Kevin <buhr@telus.net>