Re: mecoder deal with two files

BingYU wrote:
> I have two file 1.avi 2.avi  which are ripped form one big video file,
> source.avi
>
> mencoder -ss 5:00 -endpos 2:00 source.avi  -oac  copy  -ovc copy -o 1.avi
> mencoder -ss 10:00 -endpos 2:00 source.avi  -oac  copy  -ovc copy -o 2.avi
>

> now I want merge 1.avi 2.avi to one video file (put them together in one file

MEncoder used to have an example for this in the documentation, but it
seems to be gone now, anyway, I found an old copy:

      As a side-effect, the broken AVI fixer function enables MEncoder to
      append 2 (or more) AVI files:

      Command: cat 1.avi 2.avi | mencoder -noidx -ovc copy -oac copy -o
      output.avi -

      Note: This expects 1.avi and 2.avi to use the same codecs, resolution,
      stream rate etc, and at least 1.avi must not be broken. You may need
      to fix your input AVI files first, as described above.

http://web.njit.edu/all_topics/Prog_Lang_Docs/html/mplayer/encoding.html

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson