Re: vesafb problem in debian

On Friday 06 May 2005 5:04 pm, you wrote:
> J.Bakshi wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I have integrated VGA based on KM400 chipset from VIA.
> > when I boot from *lnx-bbc* I can see the boot-logo. now I have configured
> > 2.6.10 kernel from debian and enable framebuffer-support,
> > vesa-support,vga-16-support and 16-color-logo all as *built-in features*
> > but the newly build kernel can't show any logo. I have checked and logo
> > graphics are there in the source.
> >
> > *dmesg|grep vesa*  shows ---> vesafb: probe of vesafb0 failed with error
> > -6
> >
> > but the same command from *lnx-bbc* displays a few lines about vesafb
> > information. so vesafb is there in my vga. how can I enable it in debian
> > kernel 2.6.10.  please note I have also manually use
> > *video=vesa:ypan,inverse* when booting from build kernel but can't see
> > any logo.  please help to solve the problem. please cc to me.
>
> When booting with lnx-bbc, do a `cat /proc/cmdline' and check what it
> uses for its video & vga settings.

first  I have booted lnx-bbc in 640x480 mode and then vga is *vga=785*
then I again tried with 800x600 mode and then vga is *vga=788*

when I try with these setting with debian both the times screen became blank.

dmesg|grep vesafb showing a few lines of information regarding vesafb in
lnx-bbc but it is nil in case of debian kernel. I think debian kernel can't
activate the vesafb of KM400 chipset. pls tell me how to solve this .
please CC to me. thanks