Re: vesafb problem in debian

J.Bakshi wrote:
Dear all,

I have integrated VGA based on KM400 chipset from VIA.
when I boot from *lnx-bbc* I can see the boot-logo. now I have configured 2.6.10 kernel from debian and enable framebuffer-support, vesa-support,vga-16-support and 16-color-logo all as *built-in features* but the newly build kernel can't show any logo. I have checked and logo graphics are there in the source.

*dmesg|grep vesa*  shows ---> vesafb: probe of vesafb0 failed with error -6

but the same command from *lnx-bbc* displays a few lines about vesafb information. so vesafb is there in my vga. how can I enable it in debian kernel 2.6.10. please note I have also manually use *video=vesa:ypan,inverse* when booting from build kernel but can't see any logo. please help to solve the problem. please cc to me.

When booting with lnx-bbc, do a `cat /proc/cmdline' and check what it uses for its video & vga settings.