best way to implement disk mirroring in Debian Woody 3.0

Hi all,

Could someone please tell me the best method/practice to implement
"Disk Mirroring" RAID with two 40 GB hard disks on Debian Woody.

I would like to know which package or software I should install to
support RAID.

Please also kindly note that I donot have any RAID hardware but will
have to rely completely on Software RAID.

I would be very grateful if i could get some howtos also on "Disk
Mirroring" in Debian.

Thankyou so much

Kind Regards

Siju