Re: gnome-terminal --title and enlightenment icons

Thomas Dickey <dickey@saltmine.radix.net> writes:

> Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> wrote:
>> If I start "gnome-terminal --title foo" and turn it into an icon, the
>> icon's text still says "Terminal."
>
>> Interestingly, if I use the xterm escape characters to update the
>> titlebar (echo "^[]0;foo^G"), and then turn the terminal into an icon,
>> the icon's text then shows "foo."
>
> actually that sequence updates (xterm) the window title and icon name.

That makes sense. So the question is, how do you set the icon title in
gnome-terminal?

    [wohler@olgas:551]$ gnome-terminal --icon foo
    Option --icon is no longer supported in this version of
    gnome-terminal; you might want to create a profile with the
    desired setting, and use the new --window-with-profile option

However, the profile settings do not have an icon name field.

I guess what you're saying is that there is one of two bugs in
gnome-terminal: either the terminal name isn't getting applied to the
icon name, or the icon name field is missing.

Thanks, Thomas.