Re: X session error

Mrbizz4@aol.com wrote:

I am having problems logging into my gnome desktop environment as my regular users. I can however log into it as root. When I attempt to log in as a regular user I get a message which states the following,"Xsession warning: unalbe to write to /tmp;xsession may exit with an error." When I look at the xsession-error file it states that there is not space left on device, however I just bought the hard drive that Linux is operating and I know I should have plenty of room. It also gives me the message "mkdtemp private socket dir". Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

You may need to do an 'apt-get clean' . I found myself running out of hard drive space a few times after installing debian my first times. If you don't do that , it just leaves all the software packages on your hard drive, filling it up, and you can run yourself out of space pretty quick. But , first , I'd do the 'df -h' as other people suggested to see if hard drive space is truly your problem :)

You are dishonest, but never to the point of hurting a friend.

Tuesday May 10, 2005

begin:vcard
fn:Jay Zach
n:Zach;Jay