Re: ps printing: font problem

Andreas Goesele <Goesele@hfph.mwn.de> writes:

> I have installed some additional type 1 fonts which I use to produce
> (via latex and dvips) ps files which I then would print on a ps
> printer.
>
> Under woody this all worked fine, but now the last step fails: I can
> produce ps files which use the proper fonts, I can display them
> properly on my screen, I can convert them to pdf files and then
> print them with the proper fonts, but I can't print them directly:
> There the font is being substituted by some other font, resulting in
> very ugly, unusable pages.

OK, I found part of the solution. It was a dvips problem after all: It
seems the type1 fonts have to be "downloaded" into the document.

I had to put a <myfont.pfb into the respective lines of myfont.map
under /usr/share/texmf/dvips/psnfss and I added a softlink to
myfont.pfb under /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1

I think there should be a more elegant way to add the fonts than
adding softlinks, but anyway, it works.

Andreas Gösele

--
Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est.