ps printing: font problem

Hi!

I recently moved from Debian stable to testing doing a new install.

I have installed some additional type 1 fonts which I use to produce
(via latex and dvips) ps files which I then would print on a ps
printer.

Under woody this all worked fine, but now the last step fails: I can
produce ps files which use the proper fonts, I can display them
properly on my screen, I can convert them to pdf files and then print
them with the proper fonts, but I can't print them directly: There the
font is being substituted by some other font, resulting in very ugly,
unusable pages.

If I use the fonts which came with Debian there is no problem.

I looked around in the Internet but I didn't find any solution.

My questions:

* Is this a ghostscript problem or rather a CUPS problem?

* I would rather guess it's a CUPS problem, as conversion and display
works OK. Assuming this is so: Is it necessary to make CUPS aware of
fonts which are installed on the system? If so, how would one do this?

Any other input on the problem is of course welcome!

Thanks!

Andreas Gösele

--
Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est.