Translate inotify fix from Gentoo to Debian?

inotify doesn't seem to work with GNOME; with kernel 2.6.11,
GNOME locks up my entire machine after only a few seconds if
I move the mouse. If I don't move the mouse, a lockup takes
longer, if it happens at all. If I use the kernel option
'noinotify', the lockup doesn't happen at all.

All of this is well-known, but apparently there's a fix
coming down the pipe:
http://www.reactivated.net/weblog/archives/2005/05/sorting-out-gamin-brokenness-testers-needed/

I'm not exactly clear which of the pieces in there carry
over to Debian. Does anyone know?

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve@laniels.org