Re: Libranet / Ubuntu --> Debian?

Bob Freemer wrote:
I've discovered one of the remaining few areas where Debian can be a real
pain is in hardware detection.  I've tested on a number of machines and
even debian-installer can't match libranet/ubuntu/knoppix.  Any tips on
using one of these distros to install plain debian?  Or even better, an
apt-get metapackage which installs required packages for ACCURATE hardware
detection?  Knoppix and libranet last I tried leave little traces of
custom packages so full migration to debian is buggy.

Kanotix is a Knoppix-like distro that is designed to be completely Debian-based, so that migration to pure Debian is a no-brainer.
http://kanotix.org/

--
Kent West
Technology Support