Fwd: Re: bcm5700 driver installation problem

Note: forwarded message attached.

Do you Yahoo!?
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Colin,

I found that I've created the file BCM5700.o in a wrong way. I've installed a debian package that gave me a debian dir. + src files but I've followed the readme file and make install the driver while some one advised me that I should have created another package using dpkg-buildpackages command and then install the new package.

Can any one guide me about the steps of how to build the new package as I've not used this procedure before.

Thanks & Rgds,
Amira.

Colin <cwvca_spamr@hotmail.com> wrote:
Amira Youssef wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After I've managed to compile the gigabit N/W card driver bcm5700, It
> gave error while trying to install it:
>
> output of insmod bcm5700.o:(using Woody 3.0 r 2, kernel 2.4.18-1-686-smp)
> bcm7500.o: init_modules:no such device
> Hint: insmod errors can be caused any incorrect module parameters,
> including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

Isn't the kernel's "tg3" module suppose to use this NIC?