gnome windows

when i switch between windows in gnome using ALT+tab, all the windows go temporarily black while I have the alt-tab buttons pressed.

I assume something's just gone awry with my config, but if someone else experiences this too, I'd like to know.

I'm not sure what version I'm running, but I installed it with sarge 2 months ago. Can't figure out what gnome package sits on top of X. Is it gnome-keyring (I can see the process running). How can I find out?

Adam
--
Linux 2.6.11 Debian