Automatic package updating / upgrading

Hi,

I have a number of Debian servers that I will have to leave with very
little maintance over a longer time period. I have tried to figure out a
sane way of making some kind of autoupdating / upgrading to work. I am
aware of the package cron-apt, as well as Clemen's secpack
(http://clemens.endorphin.org/secpack/); but neither really do what I
want (I'd be happy to clarify if someone cares).

Basically, I would like the system to automatically upgrade some
critical packages ONLY IF that upgrade can be done without any human
interaction (and otherwise the system will send an email to warn a human
that a manual upgrade is required). I have tried to use the
--trivial-only switch to apt-get; but that only seems to concern
apt-get's own questions. Debconf's and the textual config file messages
still pop up and requires human interaction.

So my main question is:
* Is there some sure-way way for me to know on beforehand if a package
upgrade/installation will require any form of human interaction?

However, I'd also like to hear what auto-upgrade package solutions
people are using for their servers, i.e., for keeping critical network
services like say apache and spamassassin etc. secure while they cannot
actively manage the machines.

I am grateful for any help,
//Rickard