Login KDE style as Root

Let me preface this by saying: Yes, I know the security threats involved in logging in as the root; some times, however, I wish to do so. Thank you for understanding.

Now then, I use KDM to login. With this, it is necessary to choose login through console, then login and type startx. This, however, make gnome come up.

1: How can I change this to KDE?
2: I read that to allow for a root login with KDM, one must edit the files located at either /usr/kde/3.4/config/kdm/kdm/c or /etc/opt/kde3/shore/config/kdm with the following:
#allow root at login.
#default is true.
#AllowRootLogin=false.
I have KDE 3.3 and both of these do not exist.
How do I do this, then?

Again, thank you in advance.

--
—Moose Moose Jam Sausage Meow-Mix.