Re: Screen: How to copy paste between ttys?

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 06:18:37PM +0530, Deboo Geek wrote:
> Secondly is there any option to paste between console and X? Or any
> program/daemon which helps in this?

Not that I know. You could paste the text you want to select into a
text file. Then switch to X and copy-paste it from there.

> I have to switch between console and X and even if I use an Xterm
> like konsole, I am not able to copy/paste between other X apps and
> konsole. How do other people copy/paste between console and X
> sessions?

I don't use Xterm but Konsole from KDE. But copy-pasting should be the
same. Leftclick-and-drag in a window to copy and middle-click in your
window of choice to paste. As I don't have a middle mouse button I
need to press both buttons to achieve the same effect. As I learned
from a previous discussion it could be pretty much any button, so you
may need to experiment a bit.

Public GnuPG key: keyserver.net ID 0x1735C5C2
"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill