Re: Screen: How to copy paste between ttys?

On 5/8/05, Maurits van Rees <maurits@vanrees.org> wrote:
> On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 05:12:28PM +0530, Deboo Geek wrote:
> > How do I copy/paste between different screens running on different
> > ttys?
>
> I suggest using the mouse and install the gpm package. Then it is:
> leftclick-and-drag to select, go to another console and rightclick to
> paste.

A bit more tedious (atleast for me) to use the mouse. But gpm
sometimes does not copy anything at all and will paste blank lines.
Secondly is there any option to paste between console and X? Or any
program/daemon which helps in this? I have to switch between console
and X and even if I use an Xterm like konsole, I am not able to
copy/paste between other X apps and konsole. How do other people
copy/paste between console and X sessions?

Deboo
--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.