Config file for routing in debian

Where does debian store it's config in for the routes that show up
with the route command?

I have an eth0 card and running pppoe to connect to my ISp service.
But the route that is already there is set to use the ip of the
ethernet card as the default gateway. I need to set this up manually
everytime I start pppoe. Isn't there any config file where I can tell
route to use the other default gateway? I can not set this in
/etc/network/interfaces because the IP of the ethernet card is
internal and the IP I get is an external one, as well as the gateway
IP is external.

It's a pain to delete the defaul route and then add again everyday.
Can someone help?

Regards,
Deboo
--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.