Re: Internet Troubles

David R. Litwin wrote:

To make my life more simple, I'll use hpijs.

But, back to the Internet.

I've decided that my problem is with the ppp0 bit. If I prompt (or, what is the term) ifconfig ppp0, it says essentially, that the device does not exist. This is after I've run pppoeconf.

How do I create a ppp device?

I haven't done much with ppp myself, but aren't ppp devices/connections brought up with pon <provider> where provider is a file in /etc/ppp/peers/ ?

To make it automatic, in /etc/network/interfaces I think you can do

[...]
auto ppp0
iface ppp0 ppp
	provider <provider>
[...]

or

iface ppp0 wvdial

to use wvdial

I think... checking man interfaces this seems correct, but like I said I don't have any experience doing it myself.