Re: Stuck at desktop

Also sprach Peter Klauer <peter@touchstonepdx.com> (Sat, 07 May 2005
08:45:00 -0700):
> I have just installed Debian GNU/Linux i386 Woody, Version 3.0r5.
> It boots to the Gnome Desktop Manager where my keyboard is recognized
> and I can log in. That puts me to the Gnome 1.4 desktop GUI where my
> mouse is not recognized and I can find no combination of keys to move
> around the
> desktop to get a command line to work on my mouse.  Can someone help
> me maneuver on the desktop with keyboard only?
> Peter

switch to console by pressing Ctrl + Alt + F1 . log in, check your
$ dmesg output 'bout your mouse and if it's there (check in /dev too)
reconfigure your Xserver (/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 or $ dpkg-reconfigure
xserver-xfree86).

if the mouse is not recognized at boot there might be a module missing
(ps2/usb?).

if you think it's all configured right restart your login:

# /etc/init.d/gdm redstart

sl ritch.