Re: command to send mail

John Hasler wrote:

> Eric Gaumer writes:
>> Which is what I stated... providing /dev/null means you provide nothing
>> (i.e.  there is no input to receive).
>
> /dev/null provides nulls.  That is not the same as no input.

/dev/null or the null device is a virtual device that discards all data
written to it, and provides NO data to any process that reads from it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//dev/null

In other words it provides nothing not NULL. You are confusing /dev/null
with /dev/zero which provides our idea of a NULL value (0x0).

--
Eric Gaumer
Debian GNU/Linux PPC