Re: Random Crashing KMail

On Friday 06 May 2005 10:33, Mr Mike wrote:
> Is there any documentated problems with KMail random crashes?  It is quite
> annoying...  I can't seem to find a rhyme or reason for them and they
> aren't doing any real damange to my system.  I just restart it and it runs
> for a while but a wrong click here or a delete there or move to trash ...
> and it goes on and on...  just nothing I can really hang a hat on to come
> up with any type of solution...
>
> anyone care to offer some troubleshooting tips?

Major problems I've had in the past:

* Encryption issues
* IMAP issues (which could cause crashes on anything related to the
storage/retrieval/moving of emails)

They've been mostly fixed in 3.4 though, I think.  What I *don't* think has
been fixed is an annoying intolerance of a full filesystem: KMail will just
die on startup if your disk is full.

From the way you say that the problem is intermittent, I'm guessing it's not a
full HD, unless you're somehow filling and regaining the free space often.
Unless you're using IMAP, all I can suggest is to check the bug reports, and
if that fails, try to narrow it down more.

--
Lee.