Re: ftpd login problem

Björn Lindström wrote:

Stable/Sarge/Unstable?

Sarge, up-to-date as of today.

Also try /var/log/messages

There's nothing there, either. I tried grepping for 'ftp' in /var/log
and found nothing more useful than that line from /var/log/syslog.

also try restarting inetd (or xinetd whichever you use).

Restarting inetd didn't appear to change anything.

Is it always that user? Can you login with a different user?

Also check out any filtering. Make sure there aren't any localhost restrictions which would affect it.

After that, sorry I can't think of anything else other than purge & reinstall right now. Maybe try a different ftpd?