fsck.ext3 at boot - failure

I'm running Sarge with an Advansys SCSI controller, a Castlewood Orb
drive (sdb) and an Iomega Jaz drive (sda). On each drive, I have a swap
partition (sda5, sdb5) and an ext3 partition (sda6, sdb6). Ever since I
installed Sarge a few weeks ago, I have had this message when booting:

fsck 1.37 (21-Mar-2005)
fsck.ext3: No such device or address while trying to open /dev/sdb6
Possibly non-existent or swap device?
fsck.ext3: No such device or address while trying to open /dev/sda6
Possibly non-existent or swap device?

fsck failed.  Please repair manually.

CONTROL-D will exit from this shell and continue system startup.

Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D to continue):

I realize that I'm not the only one who's gotten this error message. I
found lots of posts about this on Google, and on this list before.
However, for me, everything works. Later on in the boot, when it's
running linux. The two partitions, /home and /tmp, work perfectly. Even
though everything works, I would like to fix this rather alarming error
message and to boot up my computer without having to press ^d. Could
anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks
 Peter