Re: Regex expert needed

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 03:32 am, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> Mr Mike wrote:
> > On Saturday 30 April 2005 03:42 pm, Alan Chandler wrote:
> >
> <SNIP PHP string parsing question>
> >>

> > You know...  if I ask this sorta question all I get is RTFM and in reality that's the correct answer...  When I had regex questions I
> > bought a couple books and spent hours and hours reading and experimenting till I figured out what I needed...  My personal thoughts
> > here is, this guys' gettin a free pass... while I ask for help on a legitimate topic like my apt CDROM method fuckin up and nobody gives it a second look...
> >
> > GO FIGURE.. :-(
> >
> This is a free and open public forum.  It could be that the people who
> provided information about PHP string parsing felt it was worth their
> time to answer.  Maybe they also don't know the first thing about apt's
> CDROM method (I know I don't).  He also goes to a lot of trouble of
> defining exactly what his problem is (not saying you didn't since I
> don't remember your post, but well formed questions with details are
> more likely to be answered).
>
> In short, you are not paying for support, so it's all freebies.  If
> you don't get the answer you like, you are more than welcome to pay
> someone to find it for you.  If you do get the answer you like, then
> that is fine too.
>
> -Roberto

I don't want to get into a war here but isn't this the 'debian' support list?
You are absolutely right about asking good questions and providing
adaquate information about the issue...  but..

My point is, regular expressions are part of ALL linux, not just debian.
On the other hand, apt, dpkg ARE debian stock and trade utilities ...

Seems regex is OT and would be the one to be ignored ...
Oh well..

--
Cheers: Mike

.. Now, a little humor compliments of Linux Fortune...

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be
chewed and digested.
		-- Francis Bacon
	[As anyone who has ever owned a puppy already knows.  Ed.]