Re: do I really need "make-kpkg clean"?

On Thu, 05 May 2005 02:21:32 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf
<riteshsarraf@users.sourceforge.net> said:

> The question is, what if I am fiddling with some feature and want to
> do a minor change to see if that fixes the problem. I shouldn't be
> made to do a complete recompile just because I made one single minor
> change.  If you don't agree, you are ruining the pleasure of
> makefiles.

        Ah, if you understand Makefiles, you already know that you do
 not have to call make-kpkg clean. The clean requirement is for people
 who do _not_ understand Makefiles.

> A --force or --clean-all option should be there. That's just my
> opinion.

	Bloat, and totally unnecessary.

	manoj
--
"There is no doubt I should be tarred and feathered."  Richard Sexton
Manoj Srivastava     <srivasta@acm.org>    <http://www.golden-gryphon.com/>