Bug in command date?

Title: Bug in command date?

Hello,

That my first post in this mailing list. Please note I am not subscribed and I would like to get your replies sent back to me, thanks.

I recently wrote scripts that relies on relative dates (they do "intensive" date manipulations). I encountered the following problem:

#: date -d "today -1 week"
Wed Apr 27 09:54:18 CEST 2005
#: date -d "today - 1 week"
Wed May 11 09:54:22 CEST 2005

What seems to be the same (note the space between the dash and the one) does not report the same result!
Should this be reported as a bug (and how)?

Thanks

        Richard

#: date --version
date (coreutils) 5.2.1

#: uname -a
Linux s01dev03 2.6.8-2-686 #1 Tue Mar 22 14:53:20 EST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

#: bash --version
GNU bash, version 3.00.16(1)-release (i386-pc-linux-gnu)

Richard Mouli (mailto:richard.mouli@axa.be)
Architect - DIO / IARD Department
AXA Belgium boulevard du Souverain, 23 / B-1170 Bruxelles
Tel(Fax): +32 2 678 6778(6281)

-----Disclaimer-----

This message may contain confidential information intended solely for the use of the named addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, use, disclose or reproduce the content of this message. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately. Any views or opinions presented in this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of AXA Belgium, AXA Bank Belgium, AXA Tech Belgium GIE - ESV or any other entity of the AXA Group, unless otherwise stated by the sender and duly authorized by the said companies.