Re: xml problem with thunderbird on sid

Alexander Sack wrote:

Paul Scott wrote:
With Thunderbird 1.0.2-2 on my sid system email works fine but many menu
items including Help/About, Edit/Preferences, trying to open an
attachment all give me a message box with some variation of:  XML
parsing error: not well-formed

The errors are reported to be in files that I can't find like
aboutDialog.xul

Any special extensions installed?
I don't think so but Tools/Extensions gives the XML same error as do most things in the Tools and About menus so I'm sure until I do other research.

Maybe try the section Upgrading to >> 1.0 in
/usr/share/doc/mozilla-thunderbird/README.Debian.gz.
Just did on your suggestion.  It doesn't seem to have helped.

Thanks,

Paul