Re: Lost /dev/modem Symlink After Purging Udev And Reinstalling

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 12:52:37PM +0000, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

> This request for help is being reposted as no one offered any help.
> Please, would someone respond with some help, even if its just a link
> offering a solution that a relative newbie can implement.
>

> After Purging udev including rming the entire /etc/udev directory and
> reinstalling to fix a sound problem I have
> to create the modem symbolic link, ln -s /dev/ttySHCF0 /dev/modem every
> time I boot up.

The solution is to do without /dev/modem.

Run pppconfig and edit your connection details to use /dev/ttySHCF0
instead of /dev/modem.

If you use a program such as KPPP to dial out, you may have to change
its configuration in the same way.

--
PJR :-)