Re: [OT] X-friendly KVM switch?

On Sun, 1 May 2005 19:38:30 -0600, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

> I'm looking for an X-friendly PS/2-style KVM switch.  Currently, I
> have a Belkin 4-port Omniview E series, and whenever I switch back to
> X from another system, the mouse goes all crazy and I have to
> ctrl+alt+backspace.
>
> Anyone have a well-behaved KVM switch?
>
> 4-port would be great, but I can live with 2.  As long as I'm asking,
> it would be great if you could tell me if
>
> a) you can switch systems with keystrokes instead of having to touch
> the switch
>
> b) if the switch beeps when you switch systems
>
> Thanks in advance!

I've used a few before.  Most recently, the iogear two port works very well
for me with X running and switching between a XP Pro box and a Linux
system.  I don't lose the mouse; dont have to switch to a console.  The two
port iogear PS/2 kvm's are very reasonable in price and they support a lot
of different mouse controls.  I'm using a cordless optical MS mouse which
never gets lost.  I've also used a MS trackball explorer and its worked
flawlessly.  There is an older 4 port iogear which will not support my
mouse correctly.

I've found the two port iogear at amazon for around 25.00 with shipping
included.
--
Michael Perry | do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org