Re: Mouse on console

Incoming from Deboo Geek:
> FIrst of all thanks a lot to Kent for pasting me the info from some
> howto, that did the work. setting the protocol to ms3 worked. Now, the
> only thing remaing is making the mouse work smoothly on console and X
> both. WOuld I need to play with the responsiveness and xset settings
> for this? When gpm is running, The X mouse becomes unstable -
> sometimes when clicking, it just goes at the top of the screen.

What's X using for the mouse device?  /dev/gpmdata, or something else?
If the latter, change it to /dev/gpmdata

> I had installed the maintainer's config file since I thought it's just
> gpm,  and shouldn't be harmful.

She/He likely has a different mouse.  Probably wise to install theirs
(potential new features), but that means you have to tweak the config
afterward to match your own.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -